Geelong is one of the regions in Australia with the highest number of animal populations. In 2021, a total of 38,000 dogs and cats were registered. It only goes to show that Australians are animal lovers.
It is the primary reason why there are plenty of pet stores and animal rescue centers in Australia. Cats and dogs are the pets of choice, and if you are to purchase a cat, then you have come to the right place.
Below we give you the list of places where you can get high-quality cats and dogs in Geelong.
Pet shops and kennels addresses where you would get puppies for sale in Geelong
1. DOGUE Williamstown14 Douglas Parade, Williamstown VIC 3016, Australia
+61 3 9975 7443
2. Best Friends Pets Geelong50 Fyans St, South Geelong VIC 3220, Australia
+61 3 5246 9000
3. Steadfast Border Collies30-31 Chandon Ct, Waurn Ponds VIC 3216, Australia
+61 3 5245 6785
4. Family Pet & Aquarium156 Marshalltown Rd, Grovedale VIC 3216, Australia
+61 3 5244 1203
5. Pooches On Pakington Design Studio and Showroom19A Elizabeth St, Geelong West VIC 3218, Australia
+61 411 433 761
6. Geelong Animal Welfare Society325 Portarlington Rd, Moolap VIC 3221, Australia
+61 3 5248 2091
7. Petbarn2/26 Rossack Dr, Waurn Ponds VIC 3216, Australia
+61 3 5245 7792
8. Pets DomainTenancy 2/470-510 Princes Hwy, Corio VIC 3214, Australia
+61 3 5274 3071
9. Pets Megastore36 Aberdeen St, Geelong West VIC 3218, Australia
10. Urban Puppies – Cavoodle BreederBraybrook VIC 3019, Australia
+61 435 991 144
Buying and Adopting Cats in Geelong
- When it comes to buying cats, you have to make sure you do your research well.
- Consider the breed, where you intend to get your cat, and, most importantly, your readiness to become a fur parent, especially if this is your first time having a pet at home.
- Cats have a different temperament than dogs, and each cat breed has a specific temperament, care, diet, and grooming requirements.
- So, you have to assess your readiness before considering getting a cat.
Important things you should take care of while buying and adopting cats
- Check the reputation of the pet store or breeder to ensure that you are getting healthy cats. Well, aside from the health of cats, it is also another way of ensuring the welfare and well-being of other pets sold by them.
- Determine the type of care and diet the cat requires ahead of time, and determine whether you are financially, physically, and emotionally capable.
- Make sure your home is cat-ready. House breaking is typical for cats, and so you have to make sure your home is secure so your cat won’t escape, especially when left unattended.
- Ensure that your cat’s vaccine is updated and give breed-appropriate toys and activities.